[The Sex Tree is written and run by gareth bowen (I am one bloke living on welfare in Britain these days, and don't have any employees or other personal working for me) garethbowen.co.uk and thesextree.co.uk we're pointing to the same database on the same server
while separating off the sites to different servers. the databases a direct copy, but have been forked and transferring the sex tree to gareth bowen is a feasibility for back up in an emergency.
though its the same person me who has access to the database and data. I don't look but while passwords are stored encrypted so i can't look. profiles, journals and emails forums and everything else are not encrypted at this time. Though there is privacy on the front end
This means if i am doing maintenance there is a chance I might accidently read something if checking to see data is being returned, and or code changes or any bug fixes work. If and when results are returned but columns tend to be small and I don't think their is a reason for me to care, unless anyone flags anything up and forces me to look to cover my or anyone elses arse. I probably ought to encrypt more field.
for extra security to stop me seeing anything accidently but that implementation does run into the problem that it stops text searches to return matching profiles or journal entries back unless i do an implementation which involves more processing overhead and that wouldn’t work for any users on the hosting I am paying for. if looking for a match on a particular text string due to the time decrypting fields and unencrypting fields would take.
and I don't store any finance information at my end at this time not that anyone has ever paid for membership but I did stick pay pall payment mechanism in once a long time ago. if in doubt don't write anything ever that you wouldn’t want anyone ever to know, even if it has front end security on that you don't want to be publically known or seen.
Ergo you have to do your own risk assessment on to what extent you would risk privacy settings, when considering people with access to servers and or how long any encryption if implemented holds out.
as well as if anyone you for example email, or who you set to have have permission to see stuff gossips or passes stuff on.,
Currently the site is on shared hosting which means the hosting companies
dba's could theoretically look at the databases on their server and that's before you even consider the likes of prism or esherlon or other government agencies snooping or trying to decrypt ssl data streams from the computer or phone your using to the site.
. I really ought to rectify these problem and boost security there and I will update privacy if more security is implemented around data.
Meaning I have shit loads more development I need to do which should have been done many years ago and this privacy statement so needs a rewrite.
don't ever put anything up on anything on any site that you don't mind being leaked whether accidently or by some prick as I can't vouch for the hosting company and there is always the risk back ups go astray as the police had all my stuff when I was detained after the 2011 siege though any revenge porn legislation might give you some protection over anyone trying to use anything that is supposed to be private against you
but that again assumes on double standards of anyone who enforces that type of thing.
I learnt the hard way that even my own mother passed on an email on for political reasons which was supposed to be private between us and thus generally go by the rule of thumb which is trust no one.
which is why i try and think about what i say as way too many people try to misquote, take things out of context and use things against you and tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth the whole time at least to the best of my ability.
Highlighted by psychology who deliberately do misquote even the slightest miss phrasing mistake out of context out of everything written notwithstanding they just write up a load of bullshit that was and is never said anyway deliberately even if there is legislation that says they can be thrown in prison for each count, but then they do torture as well and that is supposedly illegal in Britain and still they do it.
notwithstanding those occasions when your in a rush and intel sense switches words and replaces text strings without you noticing and you don’t take the time to pickup on the dodgy replacement or missed word which changes the meaning of what was intent to be said
So with consideration for this type of thing. this is me in a rush and obviously not sense checking anything as I tend to write quick, post and not look through way too much
pen drive back ups taken during the siege which included the database we're unencrypted and while their was a password on the database login, it could have been restored to a server and be looked at without a password needing to be used. I need to spend some time to implement better security here, for example I got clairvoyance saying the downstairs door to the flat I live in was open and had to go and shut it so it locked but having experience of armed police showing up with guns as in 2011, and being taken off to be tortured there is only so much one man can do unless I wire the entire place to self destruct but that tends to leads to loss of data, so which is more annoying in the end?.]
these paragraphs added by myself gareth bowen on 11/4/2017/
Information you share with us is used for the sex trees internal business purposes. The sex tree is not in the business of selling information about you. This notice tells you what information we collect, what steps we take to protect and secure it, how we use and share the information, and finally, how you can access that information or contact us with questions or concerns.
Information We Gather
• The sex tree only collects and stores personal information that you provide when you register with us, or enter when you use the sex tree products or services available on TheSexTree Site (the "Service").
• The Sex Tree may also collect and store personal information you provide to us when you enter any promotions or sweepstakes offered on the The Sex Tree site.
• The Sex Tree may aggregate your information with information from other users (without personally identifying you) and share it with our business partners or others. i.e. we have x men on this site, and y women - aren't we great, please
give us some money now...
• The Sex Tree may also collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners. This information might include information necessary to process payments due to us from you such as your credit card number.
How we use IP Address Information
• The Sex Tree and/or the Hosting ISP may occasionally obtain IP addresses from users depending upon how you access our web site. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used for various purposes, including to:
o Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
o Estimate the total number of users visiting The Sex Tree from specific geographical regions.
o Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources that we offer.
o Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
o Deliver more relevant advertisements to you.
• A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
How we Use, Share and Disclose Information We Collect
• You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set, however, if you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use The Sex Tree products or services that require you to "sign in" and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings on the The Sex Tree site.
• The Sex Tree uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
o Require you to re-enter your The Sex Tree password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
o Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using The Sex Tree's services.
o Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
o Conduct research to improve The Sex Tree's content and services.
• The Sex Tree lets other entities that show advertisements on some of our web pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, and not this policy. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to The Sex Tree's cookies. in fact the very notion of
a cookie is built into asp.net sessions, and so isn't something we can avoid.
The Sex Tree does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the Service or this web site with others except as described in this policy. We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
• When you provide personal information through using the Service you are however sharing your personal information with The Sex Tree, organizations that may hold a majority interest in The Sex Tree, their divisions or subsidiaries and, The Sex Tree and any of its divisions or subsidiaries. The use of your personal information by these organizations is subject to this policy.
• We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, The Sex Tree may display targeted advertisements based on personally non-identifiable information (such as browser type and IP address) and/or personal selection (See the Section entitled "Third Party Advertising" below for more information on how your information is shared with advertisers).
• The Sex Tree may use your personal information where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction, to operate or improve The Sex Tree and related products and services, to do something that you have asked us to do, or tell you of products and services that we think may be of interest.
• The Sex Tree may use your email address to contact you with required email messages about the Service.
• Where you are contacted with an offer or service based on information you have shared with The Sex Tree, we will do our best to provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such further communications at the time you are contacted.
• When you post a message, your Sex Tree ID or alias that you are posting under may be visible to other users. we do not share your email, passwords
or anything else with uses, and what you fill in on, is passed on. you have the
option to limit what data is passed on/displayed in certain circumstances.
• When you post a message on The Sex Tree Site, you have the ability to post
messages which may include personally identifiable information about yourself; consequently, you should understand that if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return, and we cannot be responsible for the use of any information you post publicly. ) Remember any member can view what you post about other people, and you will be held
liable under law for any fraud/defamation/slander or misrepresentation you comit.
and we reserve the right to co-operate and ignore any agencies or third parties
wishing to persue legal action for something you inadvertently said. so please
check your facts, and your wording carefully. i.e. use "someone alleges something
happened" instead of "this happened" when you have no basis in fact in law to make
such a statement.
• The Sex Tree does or may share personally identifiable information about you under the following circumstances:
o In the course of operating our business it may be necessary or appropriate for us to provide access to your personal information to others such as our service providers, contractors and select vendors so that we can operate the Service and our business. Where practical, we seek to obtain confidentiality agreements that are consistent with this policy and that limit others' use or disclosure of the information you have shared.
o We may transfer personal information to certain advertising partners that you have explicitly requested to receive information from. It will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
o We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, if in our judgment, disclosure is required or appropriate in such circumstances.
If there is ever a change to how The Sex Tree uses or intends to use personal information, we will post that change to this policy and, if the new policy is materially less restrictive than this policy, we will seek your consent.
Third Party Advertising
The Sex Tree does not share any personally identifiable information with advertisers. The Sex Tree may share general demographic information (such as information about members' aggregate interests and occupations) and non-personally identifiable information (such as browser type and IP addresses) with advertisers and partners. If you have a Plus account or are a Basic or Early Adopter account viewing a Plus account's journal or other content, The Sex Tree shares your voluntarily-provided public profile information (such as sex, age, location and interests) and your voluntarily-provided advertising preferences information with advertisers. The Sex Tree does not give advertisers access to your private personal account information (such as email address, or, if you have elected to make these private or friends-only in your profile, sex and location). However, by selecting, interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
Confidentiality and Security
No data transmissions over the Internet or via wireless networks can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems.
• We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
• Your The Sex Tree Account Information is password-protected.
• In certain areas, The Sex Tree uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. It is your responsibility to keep your
password secure. We can not be held responsible for you using a weak password or
you exposing yourself.
If The Sex Tree learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps, however, we will never ask you to submit additional personal information or to verify the status of or information related to your account in any electronic communication email. By using this web site or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this site. The Sex Tree may post a notice on our web site if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the TheSexTree.co.uk web site. The Sex Tree may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances, however, we will never ask you to submit additional personal information or to verify the status of or information related to your account in any such email. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at email@example.com.
Changing your Preferences and Personal Information
• You can edit your The Sex Tree Account Information at any time. Most personal information you may provide is entirely optional. The Sex Tree is for consenting adults only! and you have a responsibility to keep your password secure, and as
such you may be potentialy liable in law for anything done in your name -
if inter alia you were negligent in this fact. We accept no responsibility for incompetance
on your part. as this software is provided as is, without warrenty, and any use
is done at your own risk, as it is considered a work in progress, beta software
and is prone to bugs, as such is being enhanced improved all the time - though we
do our best to minimise the risk of any accidental exposure, you are warned
the risk can occur, and we accept no liability for any loss or exposure of data
occured within. assume nothing on this - or any site - and if in doubt don't
post or use our services at all.
Contacting The Sex Tree
If you have a privacy concern regarding The Sex Tree, or this policy, and if you cannot satisfactorily resolve it through the use of this web site, you should then write to us by email to admin@TheSexTree.co.uk.
If you object to any sharing of your personal information that may be permitted under this policy, you may do so by writing us at the above address. We will take reasonable steps to accommodate your requests as they relate to our advertising practices. In some instances, honoring your requests may interfere with or preclude your ability to use the Service or may require us to terminate our relationship with you.