A former policeman in Angarsk, Siberia, he had a grudge against prostitutes
IBtimes Article said to be written by Mark Piggott, in January 2017 said:
'Popkov was arrested in 2012 and told police he had killed women because he was disgusted at the way they got drunk and left their homes to "party"'
It goes on to say that many of his victims were collected from local train stations when inebriated, sometimes in Popkov's police car. He later raped then murdered them with axes and screwdrivers and twice attended the scene of his own killings as a police officer.
IB times article said 'The Russian Investigative Committee (RIC), the country's version of the FBI, says the killings were carried out in the city of Angarsk near Lake Baikal 5,000 km (3,100m) east of Moscow over a six-year period between 1994 and 2000. All the killer's victims were aged between 17 and 38. The RIC say it is possible he is confessing to the other murders now to delay transfer to a harsher prison.'
says he was caught following advances in DNA technology and appeared to find it unfair that he had been caught in such a manner. quyoting the daily mail article by Will Stewart for Mail online.
the Mails says he "The Siberian beast, a former policeman, sexually assaulted his young female victims before slaying them with axes, knives or screwdrivers over an 18 year period immediately following the collapse of the Soviet Union"
the Siberian Times said in an article in 11th January 2017
The true total of women victims - believed to be aged 17 to 38 - is far higher than previously reported.
quoting what looks to be an extremely (is hot or alluring a better word to use here?) Karina Golovacheva, a kutsk Investigative Committee spokeswoman who would seem can clearly do maths: 'So there are 59 new murders. That means, That means, if we add them to the earlier 22, it will be 81 murders in total.', does carol vordermen have competition?
meanwhile the article says
It is also now established that his murders continued for a full decade after police previously believed they had stopped. 'The period of his murders also has changed,' she said. 'He was killing women from 1992 to 2010, so he did not stop in 2000.'
article says 'Earlier, investigators believed he was correct in saying that he had halted his vicious sexual attacks and killings in 2000 because he became 'impotent' after contracting venereal disease from a victim. '
Article said 'He often offered victims nighttime lifts in his police car before taking them to remote locations where he raped and killed them, leaving their naked bodies in woods on roadsides. '
And Says 'After he ceased being a policeman, it is known Popkov drove between his home city of Angarsk, in Irkutsk region, where many of his crimes were committed, and Vladivostok, on the country's Pacific coast, a distance of some 3,900 kilometres.'
Yet a painstaking search has not found evidence of crimes in other regions - so far.
'It was established that he killed women in other cities and towns of Irkutsk region, but we have not found any evidence he killed someone in other regions,' - the siberian times article quotes Lieutenant Golovacheva as saying.
If I am looking at police serial killers, nurse serial killers, and nhs doctors serial killers, its because the daily mail decided to drag mental health into the argument over the russian cappy, who is said to being released, quoting an average of 76 annual murders a year over a 11 year period for people classed as mentally ill, when they bitched about people being released. Given uk homocide stats I looked up were 518 murders in 2015, down from 524 the previous year and that the figure of people classed as mentally ill in britain is said to be 26%, 76 divided by 518 is 14.6% way below the percentage ever deemed mentally ill, the daily mail article is annoying. Hence I thought I had better start writing up serial killers in the system again.
Ignoring hot fuzz analogies regarding anything ever dismissed witten up as accident, or not enough money, hence why nhs death stats are higher then so many others as america throws the book at docotrs or nurses who kill assuming they aren't being let off in mistrials by 11-1 votes in that nurse carmon sue brennon manslaughter trial man. (a luxury people classed as mentally ill don't get, as they were probably labotomised, or plied full of drugs to bypass a fair trial, and any equality under the law, which get us back to lupines, and mental health asylums which were nothing more than political religious prisions, to take psychics and others down.
lando said it best in babylon 5, with the word decadence in reports, in means nothing, but it scares the hell out of people back home, and given the stupidity of the justice system when it comes to humoring mental health rehtoric, the brain washing of the press, and the stupidity i've witnessed through grinding the people down through endless, brain washing, I was slightly annoyed at reading the article last night, as now means I have to start compiling, and doing research as going near a woman dangerous as hell, when the political legal system detains people without trial, tortures them into false confessions and so puts a dampener on life, and that's before you even get into the number of perjury cases by women with people who spent time inside, making going near anyone a dangerous game.
oh yes, two women in police officer uniforms reported to be taking money off homeless people, and the rise of weapons in the police force, and of course police officers shooting people on the motorway, at least on two occasions in 2017 and yes when will people stop trying to use psychology as a weapon, and stop using it to bypass any concept of the law, freewill, consent, informed or otherwise as I look at the Hippocratic oath, and reasons why people would snap, if they gob off around someone who was detained, in support of the nhs institution or a legal system which i know does torture people and ignore the law, as I experienced that first hand, notwithstanding anecdotal evidence and reports from other people as well.
sorry, am I getting side tracked off staying on point.
(more time needs to be spent writting this lot up)
meanwhile doing a web search bought back a list of "17 nurses who were serial killers"
1. Nurse Amelia Dyer, who killed 400 infants
2. Nurse Arnfinn Nesset 'may have murdered up to 138 people;
(Norwegian nurse said to be the most prolific known serial killer in Scandinavian history. He was convicted on March 18,1983 of poisoning at least 22 patients with Curacit. He initially confessed to killing 138 patients, then 27 patients, but was only convicted for 23. He was released from prison in 2004 after serving 21 years, the maximum punishment possible by Norwegian law.)
3.Nurse Edson Izidoro Guimarães 'convicted of four murders in 2000. However, the medical nurse admitted to killing five patients, and some estimates place his probable list of victims at more than 130'
4. Daniela Poggiali 90 patients, then taking selfies with them.
5. the killer nurse Jane Toppan ""Jolly Jane," confessed to 33 murders in 1901
6. Charles Cullen spent 16 years as a serial killing nurse upto 40 patients, before he was finally caught in 2003.
7. Genene Jones was active from 1977 to 1982
8. Stephan Letter used lethal injections to kill at least 29 of his patient. 80 reportedly died while he was on duty.
9. In 1999, Orville Lynn Majors was given the unusual sentence of 360 years in prison for his three-year serial killing spree that took the lives of up to 130 patients
10. In 1989, Richard Angelo was given a minimum of 50 years in prison after he was convicted of killing four patients and harming four others. Further investigations determined that he had actually poisoned at least 35 in longisland.
11. Kimberly Saenz is a convicted medical serial killer who obtained her last job by falsifying information on her application.
12. Kristen Gilbert's 'During her trial, prosecutors claimed Gilbert killed at least four patients by overdosing them on epinephrine, which caused them to suffer from a heart attack. They also indicated that Gilbert's main motive was to get more attention from a hospital security guard she was dating. '
13. In 2006, Czech nurse Petr Zelenka was arrested for injecting at least 17 of his patients with heparin
14. Beverley Allitt was entrusted with the lives of numerous kids in a British hospital's children's ward in the spring of 1991. Tragically, she managed to attack 13 young patients and kill four during a murder spree that lasted less than two months
15. Elizabeth Tracey Mae Wettlaufer worked with elderly patients from 2007-2014 before she was caught and convicted of killing eight people
16,17. Cathy Wood and Gwendolyn Graham were coworkers engaged in a romantic relationship that turned deadly. Dubbed the "Lethal Lovers" by the media, Graham and Wood killed at least five patients together in a nursing home during a two-month period in 1987 in 1989, the former lovers were arrested and convicted of five patient murders.
18. Niels Hoegel (January 2018, charging him with killing an additional 97 patients over the years.)
19. Miyuki Ishikawa was a maternity nurse in Japan in the 1940s. During this time, abortion was prohibited in Japan, so she killed infants born to parents unwilling to care for them. It is estimated that she killed more than 103 newborn children. She was arrested in 1948 and sentenced to 4 years in prison (nurse)
Donald Harvey is an American serial killer who claims to have murdered 87 people. He claims he started out killing to "ease the pain" of patients. As he progressed in his murders, he began to enjoy it more and more and became a self-professed "Angel of Death." He is currently serving the first of 28 consecutive life sentences.
20. In 1901, U.S. nurse Jane Toppan confessed to poisoning 31 patients for her own sexual gratification. After overdosing them she would get in bed and lie with them as they died. She was found not guilty by reason of insanity and interned in a mental institution until her death in 1938
21. Joan Vila is a Spanish nursing home worker who fatally poisoned 11 elderly residents or more. In the trial he claimed they were mercy kills intended to spare the victims of further suffering, but at least three of them were administered caustic cleaning materials that caused severe burns and a long agony.
22. 19. Fredrick Mors Born Carl Menarik, Mors killed 8 elderly patients in New York by poisoning them. He was sent to an asylum and escaped. He was never caught. "herr docktor"
or the 26 doctors who were serial killer list though some of these belong in the the nurses who were serial killer list (i think)
1. Dr. H. H. Holmes is considered one of the first serial killers in American history. in the later 1800s, Holmes killed anywhere between 9 and 200 people. He took his victims from the Chicago World's Fair. He was sentenced to death and executed by hanging.
- Daniela Poggiali, who worked at a Lugo hospital, killed her victims with hefty doses of potassium chlorid (t nurse)
2. Dr Harold Shipman 250
3. Michael Swango may have only admitted to the death of 4 patients, but he's suspected of poisoning up to 60
4. French doctor Marcel Petiot is suspected of killing 60 people. However, only 23 bodies were found in his Paris home during World War II. He was beheaded in 1946.
5. Shirō Ishii experimented on humans while working with the Imperial Japanese Army. He was working on biological warfare and killed hundreds, possibly thousands of people. He received immunity for his war crimes at the end of the war (reminds me of martin, sinclair, garcia and chapman)
6. Linda Hazzard was responsible for the deaths of at least 13 people while working as an osteopathist. Her therapeutic fasting method of medicine lead to the starvation deaths of many her patients. She later died of starvation from her fasting.
7. John Bodkin Adams may have never been convicted for the murders of 160 patients, but he spent time in prison for fraud. Nearly all of his 132 victims left him money in their wills.
8. Josef Mengele A german doctor made his mark on history when he worked as a doctor at the Auschwitz concentration camp. He selected people to be killed in the gas chambers and performed human experiments. He later fled to Brazil and was never brought to justice.
9. Robert George Clements worked as a surgeon in Ireland. He was suspected of killing his four wives through morphine overdoses. Before he could stand trial he killed himself with his own overdose.
10. Dr. Thomas Neill Cream killed at least 5 people. He poisoned his victims and then attempted to frame others for his crimes. He was executed by hanging in 1892.
11. Morris Bolber was one of the members of the Philadelphia poison ring, which killed at least 50 people for hire. Bolber killed his victims in various ways from poisonings to bludgeoning. He was sentenced to life in prison in 1939 and died in 1954.
12. In 1966, multiple people in a New Jersey hospital were poisoned with curare by the mysterious Dr. X. Years later, officials figured out that Mario Jascalevich was the culprit. However, he was acquitted at trial due to lack of evidence.
13. Dr. Louay is an Iraqi medical doctor who murdered 43 wounded policemen, soldiers and officials between October 2005 to March 2006. Pretending to treat his victims, Dr. Louay was actually administering anti-coagulants that made their bleeding worse and eventually killed them.
14. Maxim Petrov killed 12 patients while working as a doctor in Russia. He stole from his victims as well. He was sentenced to life in prison.
15. Anders Hansson is considered to be Sweden's most prolific serial killer. When he was just 18 years old, between Oct. 1978 and Jan. 1979, Hansson poisoned 27 elderly patients during working hours. H
16. Hu Wanlin was suspected of killing 146 people during his time as a doctor. He was arrested various times during his medical career for homicide and human trafficking but was allowed to continue his medical career. His herbal remedies actually contained sodium sulfate which killed many of his patients. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison.
17. Kermit Gosnell (born February 9, 1941) is a former American physician from Pennsylvania. In 2013, Gosnell was charged with 8 murders and convicted of 4. Three babies were born alive, then killed by cutting the infant's spine with scissors. One mother died due to complications. Testimony indicated hundreds of similar procedures carried out by Gosnell and his staff.
18. Steven Massof (pictured right), who worked in Kermit Gosnell's abortion clinic, testified that he snipped the spines of more than 100 babies after seeing them show signs of life. He was active from 2003-2008.
The Sex Tree is not responsible for the content of external internet sites
all stories are the oppinion of the author and not the site. If you dispute the facts then we suggest you upload a new story with your facts and evidence in!