TheSexTree
SexTree News - where you the user upload the news
Author: gothiclight Date Posted:October 24, 2018 Last Modified:October 25, 2018
E-mail E-mail this to a Friend E-mail Printable Version

Front Page >> Politics >> United Kingdom >> Durham
( )
bloke saying he's homeless asks me to look up feversham high school on google
chronicle article from 2015 fears fethersham abuse victims will be forgotten
council offices in library building, i'd have taken a better photo hyt dudn't want to ask people to move but would like everyone to have a home

Average Rating: 0 out of 10
the bloke who says hes previously been in prision for (that was years back) broke into tears, and told me he was abused at 8, and asked me to research feversham high school on the web.

This was this morning, and so i just cut and pasted chronicle live article i found here after having put an answer phone message on Roberta blackman woods phone (mp for durham) and querying the police as he mentioned that some police were going to let him sleep in police station but an inspector vetoed it, after i asked if he'd tried them as he said housing dilutions had no accommodation available. Or any other people as i had asked if he'd tried them before, not sure what night that was as he told me he is not on any welfare as he has no address and was getting money off the street, as was asking him questions he then went the abuse story when he was a kid, and his prision history for selling drugs previously, and he broke into tears, though i didnt have my phone handy at the time.

He has had job before, and was telling.me about spennymorre and i mentioned the homeless reduction act 2017. Factory work i think he said

If i remember correctly. said he was living at the fells went to the assistance of an older resident who was bullying him, and then he had to go to hospital and wasn't allowed back hence why he is on the street, he had a sleeping back and a bottle of wine in a white plastic bag , asking him about the wine he said it was from English people helping him out as got given it. Saying people generous.

This article up is probably not doing him justice, he was slightly antagonistic on first encounter yesterday evening when he was sitting on street corner with someone as i had food and had paused in middle of street eating pasta from tesco as was distracted over railway article and hadn't noticed them, and didn't want an argument as wasn't sure why he was shouting in my direction.

then this morning after buying some food and walking back with it encountered him again amd he wanted to apologise for shouting in my direction last might and explained his pleight and that's when he ended up in tears as the conversation progressed with me questioning him about how he ended up homeless, as im not sure what to do in these scenarios, as told by him housing solutions are saying no accommodation amd the notion people are just being left with no money or food or accommodation is scary.

As seems to be if you have no address, you get no money

I did one night in Whitby once and and it was freezing and that was earlier.in the year, i gave him £10 but he's still homeless, and phoned Roberta up leaving message on her answer phone asking why this type of issue hasn't been sorted yet. left message with police, and the police asked me to call council at 9am.

So cant they be given one of the closed shops or something? Or the police inspectors house if he's vetoing allowing homeless people a bed for the night?

Anyhow people saying their homeless with no money for food and i apologise for not remembering all the detail he went in with.

Spike to council front desk, he gave me housing solutions number 03000 268000 #2 and said usually more then 6 people a week present themselves at this desk as homeless, which i think is a scary number.


Chronicle article found on web search:

Fears Feversham School abuse victims will be forgotten in child sex abuse inquiry
Systematic sexual abuse of children at Newcastle special school is not being probed by Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse


BySophie Doughty
18:30, 29 NOV 2015Updated11:47, 30 NOV 2015
Enter your postcode to see news and information near you
Community updates, Crime Statistics, Local News & Events and much more...


Talbot House (formerly Feversham Special School) in Walbottle (Image: Mike Urwin)
Get daily updates directly to your inbox

Subscribe
See our privacy notice
More newsletters
Vile abuse of children at a Tyneside special school has not been included in the first phase of investigations planned by an independent inquiry into child sex abuse.
A former social worker who worked at Newcastle’s Feversham school has today told of his anger that the horrors he witnessed at the Throckley establishment might never be made public.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads

Hon Lowell Goddard, chairman of the long-running Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA), announced what would be included in the first phase of investigations into the extent to which institutions have failed to protect children from sexual abuse.
The chairman revealed that 12 investigations will begin immediately and run in tandem, which include abuse linked to Westminster, within the Anglican and Roman Catholic Church, and within custodial institutions, including Medomsley Detention Centre near Consett.
Ian Merry, who spoke out about the horrors going on at Feversham almost 30 years ago, was never believed.


Paedophile Ken Brown, also known as Kevin
And it was to be more than 25 years before the full scale of the abuse his paedophiles colleagues Kevin Brown and John Leslie Duncan inflicted on youngsters was finally agreed.
Duncan and Brown were last years jailed for a total of 21 years, but Mr Merry has been calling for a public inquiry into what happened at Feversham, and how it was allowed to go on for so long.


The whistle-blower sent a dossier of evidence to the inquiry, asking that Feversham be included.
But after hearing the huge scale of the investigations Justice Goddard already plans to look at, Mr Merry fears the secrets of Feversham, may never be fully revealed.
The 63-year-old said: “Justice Goddard has stated her priorities for investigation. My own view is that her priorities will tie her inquiry up for more than 10 years. The potential is that the Feversham School abuse will never get an airing.”
Advertisement


Signup, deposit & play. Get your bonus today at Casumo.com
Sponsored by Casumo



John Duncan
Duncan, who worked as a social worker at the Dr Barnardo’s home at Shotley Park before moving to Feversham in 1986, was jailed for or nine years in 2001 after admitting sexually abusing two boys at Feversham School and Shotley Park in Consett.
But further attacks came to light more recently and he was convicted after a trial of sex attacks against a further seven boys at the two schools. Brown began working at Feversham in 1978 as a residential social worker, when he was 22. He launched sex attacks against a number of young boys. He had already been jailed for eight years in 2011 for the abuse of three youngsters at Feversham. But as part of the latest prosecution, he was convicted of abusing a further seven boys.

Duncan, of Hyde Park Street, Gateshead, was jailed for 15 years for various offences including buggery, indecent assault and indecency with a child. Brown, of Inchberry Close, Benwell, got six years for offences of indecent assault.
Mr Merry fears the IICSA is focusing too much on abuse connected to headline-grabbing high profile individuals and institutions, and the victims of lesser known perpetrators will be forgotten.


Ian Merry, from Throckley, who blew the whistle on staff at Feversham School, in 1987
“There has been over 100 inquiries into Jimmy Savile alone and he can’t ever be convicted because he is not alive.” he said. “It seems to me they should be concentrating on those where people have been convicted. By focussing on high profile abusers the media and powerful and significant individuals can suppress other lesser known instances of child abuse which do not involve high profile perpetrators and therefore both distort the landscape of child protection, and enable the true extent of child abuse in Britain both today and in the past to be suppressed.”


Justice Goddard said on Friday: “Twelve investigations are proposed for this first phase. They will all begin with immediate effect and most, if not all, will culminate in public hearings. They represent the first phase of the inquiry’s investigations and are by no means the total of the work we intend to conduct; further investigations will be announced as the inquiry progresses.
“By adopting both an institution-specific and a thematic approach, we will ensure that the inquiry reaches its conclusions on as broad an evidence base as possible. We will not be limited to considering the particular institution that is the focus of the investigation, but will address the range of institutional responsibility for child protection.
“There is no doubt that the task we have set ourselves in the first phase is ambitious. To run 12 investigations in parallel represents an organisational challenge that is unprecedented in a public inquiry in the UK. We are determined to succeed and expect full cooperation of all institutions and individuals who can assist us in our work.”


The Honourable Lowell Goddard speaks during an update to The Independent Child Sex Abuse Inquiry (Image: Ben Pruchnie/Getty Images)
The 12 investigations are:
Children in the care of Lambeth Council
Children in the care of Nottinghamshire Councils
Cambridge House, Knowl View and Rochdale Council
Child sexual abuse in the Anglican Church
Child sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church
The sexual abuse of children in custodial institutions
Child sexual abuse in residential schools
The internet and child sexual abuse
Child exploitation by organised networks
The protection of children outside the United Kingdom
Accountability and reparations for victims and survivors
Allegations of child sexual abuse linked to Westminster
Justice Goddard said it would be impossible to predict how long the investigations would take.
“It is impossible to put a timescale on the completion of all of this work, but it is reasonable to assume that while some of the investigations may be completed within 18 months, others may take several years to conclude,” she said. “In some cases, overlapping criminal proceedings may cause substantial delay to the progress of individual investigations. “Nonetheless, in my opening statement I committed to completing the work of the Inquiry within five years and my current assessment is that that timeframe, whilst ambitious, is achievable.”

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/fears-feversham-school-abuse-victims-10521279
NewcastleChronicle

Disclaimer: all stories are the oppinion of the author and not the site. If you dispute the facts then we suggest you upload a new story with your facts and evidence in!

No Reviews for this Article
Why Not Join and Add One


Desktop Site
About Us | Faq | Corporate Blurb
This Site Run, Developed And Maintained By Gareth Bowen available here or at garethbowen.co.uk